With my activity level beaming strong as the summer rays, I look forward to creating snacks that pack a punch in deliciousness and nutrition. These energy balls helped nurture my run club after our sweaty date.
As many of you know, dates are wonderful fruits. They are however often high in sugar, so I do not usually snack on them as a whole. So using them as a natural sweetener and binder in raw energy balls is a delicious option to integrate its high antioxidant properties into an invigorating boost to the end of your workout!
These energy balls remind me of my love of Rice Krispies treats as a child. Nostalgic with a nutritious adult spin. Enjoy!
(Fit2bwell Tip: Feel free to substitute any other dried fruit or nut into this snack! Play with this recipe for creative variations. Enjoy your food!)
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried or roasted almonds
- 1 cup 70-80% dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried cranberriess
- 1 cup of Fluff
- Cinnamon dusting
- Use food processor and blend almonds and oats until crumbly. Place in a bowl.
- Use food processor and blend chopped dates. If it is too thick, add a couple of teaspoons of warm water. Remove and place into another bowl.
- Chop dark chocolate pieces into slivers. If you are using small chips, no need to chop.
- Combine almonds/oats mixture with dates mixture. Use your hands and don’t be afraid to get messy
- Add Fluff. Don’t be afraid to get messier
- Add cranberries
- Roll into 20 equal sized balls. Place on parchment paper
- Let it set in fridge for 30min
- Dust with Cinnamon before serving.